Tullamore Show & Sale
The last Simmental Society Sale of the Season took place in Tullamore on Saturday May 12th and followed the trend to-date whereby commercial farmers are now focusing on purchasing the top quality lots and are prepared to pay a premium to secure those lots.
Overall Male Champion went to Lyndsey Behan, Ballyfin, Portlaoise with “Jennalyn Casino ET”, sired by “Banwy T-Rex” and out of a “Rosten Barney” dam “Milton Sapphire ET”. This 16 month old bull sold for €4700 to Terry Barron, Castlebellingham, Co. Louth.
The Reserve Champion and Top Bull price of €4900 went to Garrett Behan, Ballyfin, Portlaoise with “Clonagh Cracker Rex”. Also sired by “Banwy T-Rex” and out of another “Rosten Barney” dam “Milton Senhorita”, he was purchased by James Ryan, Drangan, Co. Tipperary.
Also reaching the €4000 mark was Class 3 Winner “Raceview Count Royal 528” for Peter & Marion O`Connell, Mallow, Co. Cork. This 13 month old bull was sired by “Raceview Vince Rayanne” and out of a “Raceview King” dam “Raceview Royal Beauty”. He was purchased by Miriam Williams, Dungarvan, Co. Kilkenny.
Overall results in the bull section recorded a 60% clearance with prices ranging between €2000 & €4900 and an overall average price of €2810 which was up from €2600 in 2011.
In the Heifer section there was a clearance of 80% with an average price of €2850, which was up from €2360 in 2011.
Overall Champion Heifer went to Ray Bracken, Tullamore with his 12 month old heifer “Cruithill Cinderella”. Sired by “Curaheen Wakeman” and out of a “Hillcrest King” sired dam “Ballybane Ranch”, she was sold for Top Price of the day at €5000 to Patrick Mooney, Shannonharbour, Co. Offaly.
The Reserve Champion Heifer went to William & Marie O`Riordan, Rathcormac, Co. Cork with “Bridgemount Cathy” sired by “Glebefarm Tyson” and was unsold failing to reach her reserve.
Other heifer prices included
- €3300 to John Duffy, Ballybay, Co. Monaghan for “Duff Becky” sired by “Drehid Tommy” from Dominic Brady, Loughduff, Co. Cavan.
- €3200 to Gordan Salter, Dunmanway, Co. Cork for a “Ballyduff Jeweller” sired heifer “Mohona Cynthia” from Michael Cotter, Maine Bridge, Co. Cork.
- €3100 to Tony O`Leary, Ballincollig, Co. Cork for “Seaview Cleo” by “Seaview Alfie” from Aonghus Foley, Grenagh, Co. Cork.
- €3100 for “Cruithill Chloe” by “Curaheen Wakeman” sold by Ray Bracken, Tullamore to Aonghus Foley, Grenagh, Co. Cork.
- €3100 to Jennie Aherne, Cappamore, Co. Limerick for a “Glebefarm Tyson” sired heifer “Rubyjen Coco Mademois Elle” from Michael Cotter, Maine Bridge, Co. Cork.
- €3000 to John Hession, Partry, Co. Mayo for “Portroyal Centenary” sired by “Curaheen Tyson” from Michael Weston, Dunmore, Co. Galway.