Keen Demand & Good Clearance at Simmental Premier Sale in Roscommon on Saturday March 27th 2010.
There was keen demand for bulls and heifers at last Saturdays Simmental Premier Sale at Roscommon with a noticeable demand for stronger bulls ready for work. Bulls averaged €3050 with prices ranging from €7200 to €1500 with an 80% clearance.
The top price of €7200 was paid for the Champion of the Show “Shiloh W Royal Herkules”. Sired by “Herkules” and out of a homebred “Hillcrest Butcher” dam, this bull was exhibited by Hugh Murray, Moate, Co. Westmeath. Born on October 30th `08, this 17 month old bull was purchased by the Judge, Michael Robson for the Kilbride Farm Herd, Ballyclare, Co. Antrim.
The reserve Champion was exhibited by Benny McNamara, Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare. Born on March 21st 2009, “Littlerock Admiral” was sired by “Kilbride Farm Newry” out of a “Hillcrest Naughty” dam. This bull was purchased by John Harrington, Bantry, Co. Cork for €3400.
Second highest price of the day €6850 was paid by Sam Carlisle, Dunfries, Scotland for “Castlegale Wilcox”. John Fox, Kilfinane, Co. Limerick sold this “Marbelhill Liam” son out of a “Brington Brilliant” dam
Other bull prices included:
- €4500 to Hugh Murray, Moate, Co. Westmeath for “Shiloh Albert” Padraig Fagan, Castletowngeoghegan, Co. Westmeath purchased this “Kilbride Farm Newry” bull.
- €4200 to John Stone, Bandon, Co. Cork. “Milton Wesley” sired by “Samark Superman” was purchased by Nancy Maheady, Killalla, Co. Mayo.
- €4000 to John Fox, Kilfinane, Co. Limerick. Raymond Martyn, Perthshire, Scotland purchased this “Carnkern Titan” son “Castlegale Winston”
- €3700 to Angela & Gerard Brickley for “Celtic Alabama”. This “Curaheen Tyson” bull was also purchased by Raymond Martyn, Scotland.
- €3200 to William & Marie O`Riordan, Rathcormac, Co. Cork for a “Kilbride Farm Newry bull “Bridgemount Adam” purchased by Thomas McConkey, Newbliss, Co. Monaghan.
- €3000 to Seamus Aherne, Cappamore, Co. Limerick. “Towerhill What A Superboy” by “Samark Superman” was bought by David Redhouse, Slane, Co. Meath.
- €3000 to William & Marie O`Riordan, Rathcormac, Co. Cork for a “Kilbride Farm Newry bull “Bridgemount Winston” purchased by Seamus Giltenane, Rathkeale, Co. Limerick.
In the heifer section there was an 89% clearance with an average price of €2650.
The Champion heifer “Fearna Abbey” was exhibited by the Neenan Brothers, Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo. Sired by “Delfur T-Bone” out of “Clonagh Margaret” this 12 month old heifer was sold at €2700 to Northern Ireland breeder John Moore (Omorga Simmentals).
The reserve Champion was exhibited by David Wall, Newcastle, Co. Dublin. “Curaheen Alana” by “Woodhall Premier” out of “Raceview Misty Jade” was born on January 2nd 2009. Denis Maguire, Tralee, Co. Kerry is the new owner at €3000
The highest heifer price of €6700 was paid for Dripsey Willow Lady” by Fergal Doherty, Carrigart, Co. Donegal. Sold by William & Jenny Cotter, Dripsey, Co. Cork, this heifer was sired by “Camus Vibrant” and out of “Raceview Princess Kim”.
Other heifer prices included:
- €4050 to Padraic McGeever, Swinford, Co. Mayo. “Zelda Woldflower” sired by “Hillcrest King” was purchased Mervyn Kinnear, Virginia, Co. Cavan.
- €3300 to Jimmy Campbell, Cahonagh, Co. Longford. This “Hillcrest Naughty” heifer was also purchased by Fergal Doherty, Carrigart, Co. Donegal.
- €3000 to David Wall, Newcastle, Co. Dublin for “Curaheen Willow”. John Storey, Mountmellick, Co. Laois purchased this heifer sired by “Kilbride Farm Newry”
- €2800 to William & Jenny Cotter, Dripsey, Co. Cork from Gerard Briody, Oldcastle, Co. Meath for “Dripsey Wanda” by “Camus Vibrant”
- €2700 to Michael Hoban, Castlebar, Co. Mayo for “Errew Winie. Pat McLoughlin, Glanegevin, Co. Cavan purchased this “Camus Frontier” heifer.