National Show Classes 2019
Tullamore Show – Sunday August 11th
Simmental Young Member (Junior Section)
Open to all members between the ages of 12 – 15 years on the Show Day
Simmental Young Members (Senior Section)
Open to all members between the ages of 16 – 21 years on the Show Day
Simmental Heifer Calf born on or after 01-02-2019
Simmental Heifer Calf born on or between 01-12-2018 & 31/01/2019
National Weanling Heifer born on or between 01-10-18 & 30-11-18
National Yearling Heifer Born on or between 01-08-18 & 30-09-18
National Junior Simmental Heifer born on or between 01/12/17 & 31/07/18
National Intermediate Heifer born on or between 01/08/17 & 30/11/17
National Senior Simmental Heifer / 1st Calved Heifer born on or between 01/12/16 & 31/07/17
National Junior Simmental Cow born on or between 01/09/15 & 30/11/16
National Senior Simmental Cow born on or before 31/08/15
Simmental Bull Calf born on or after 01-02-19
Simmental Bull Calf born on or between 01-12-2018 & 31/01/2019
National Weanling Bull born on or between 01-10-18 & 30-11-18
National Yearling Bull born on or between 01-08-18 & 30-09-18
National Junior Simmental Bull born on or between 01/08/17 & 31/07/18
National Senior Simmental Bull born on or before 31/07/17
Strokestown Show – Saturday September 7th
National Senior Heifer Calf born on or between 01-12-17 & 31-01-18
National Junior Heifer Calf born on or after 01-02-18
National Senior Bull Calf born on or between 01-12-17 & 31-01-18
National Junior Bull Calf born on or after 01-02-18
National Polled Calf (Bull or Heifer born after 01-12-18) Calves entered in this class can also be entered in standard National Class above.
Entries for Calf Finals at Strokestown can either qualify through Club Finals (€10 entry fee) or entries can be supplemented directly (not qualified through Club Finals – Entry Fee of €40).
National Show Weight Limits
Please note that the following Weight Limit policy will apply for all young cattle at our National Shows.
- A maximum Average Daily Gain (ADG) of 1.9kgs/day for bulls & 1.7kgs/day for heifers will apply on birth weights of 55 & 50 kgs respectively.
- All entrants born after August 2018 at Tullamore Show 2019 must be Compulsory Weighed with breeders of animals who exceed these maximums informed that they exceeded the weights and this will trigger future Herd Inspections.
- Weigh all entrants for the National Classes at Strokestown and enforce the rule that any calves exceeding the set Daily Gains will not be considered for Judging.
Weight Verification – Any Breeder with an animal exceeding the above performance rates can verify this performance by having three official recorded weights (Both Tullamore & Strokestown Show weights will account as official weights). If these weights show consistent performance levels from birth then that animal can compete in the National Classes. Please contact the office to place an animal on this verification process.
ALSO NOTE: For all National Classes and all other classes at Tullamore Show all entries must be fully registered (i.e. ET animals must be DNA typed and Pedigree Certs printed) and paid for. Any animal not reaching the above standard will be automatically disqualified and not allowed entry into the show ring.
Commercial Simmental X Classes 2019
Strokestown Show – Saturday September 7th
National Simmental X Breeding Heifer Championship
a) Age: Heifer must be born on or after September 1st 2017
b) Weight: Heifer must be between 450 kgs & 750 kgs (both weights included) on the day of the final (September 7th)
c) Heifers may be Maiden or In-Calf
e) All entries to Show SI or SIX on their NID Card
f) All entries must have a Simmental sire recorded on the DAFF Database.
g)The exhibitor of any heifer which may subsequently fail a Genomic Parentage Test may be banned from showing at Simmental Society Organised Classes for two years from the test result date.
Prize Fund at Strokestown 1st €250, 2nd €200, 3rd €150 & 4th €100
Carrick-on-Shannon Classes – Simmental X Heifer Classes
- Simmental X In-Calf or Maiden Heifer over 550 kgs and born on or after 01/05/2017
- National Simmental X Yearling Heifer between 451 kgs & 550 kgs
- National Simmental X Weanling Heifer between 351 kgs & 450 kgs
- National Simmental X Heifer Calf 350 kgs or under.
Entry Conditions for Carrick on Shannon
- All entries to Show SI or SIX on their NID Card.
- Where a NID Card is re issued, proof of the original registration must accompany the NID card to the Show.
- All Entries must have a Simmental sire recorded on the DAFF Database and that Sire must be included on the Entry Form. No entry will be accepted without a sire.
- The exhibitor of any heifer which may subsequently fail a Genomic Parentage Test may be banned from showing at Simmental Society Organised Classes for two years from the test result date.
(Animals will be judged on ability to make a Suckler Dam)